Flags are useful in organizing your People records and categorizing them in easily searchable groups. Crimson automatically creates a few basic flags for you, but you can create flags as needed at any time.
Creating and Editing Flags
To create a new custom flag or view the existing flags, go to Settings under the People menu. Under the Flag tab, a list of your existing flags will appear along with the total number of flags you have.
- To search for certain flags, type search variables into the Quick Search.
- To view and edit a flag, click the button to the left of the flag you’re trying to edit.
- To delete a flag, click the button to the left of the flag you’re trying to delete. A confirmation message will appear asking, “Are you sure to delete?” Click Yes to delete the flag permanently or No to cancel.
**Please note: You cannot delete a flag that’s currently being used in Crimson. In order to delete any flags, you’ll have to confirm that it is not in use for any records first.
- To create a new flag, click the button and a new Flag – Add window will appear.
- Enter a Flag Code of up to 10 characters that will help you remember its significance (Ex. “DNM” for Do Not Mail or “ONCEAYR” for Send Mail Only One Time per Year).
- Enter the full Description for the flag.
- Use the optional Note field to provide more details about the flag or directions for its use.
- Check the This is a Channel Suppression Flag checkbox if you want to apply this flag as a suppression flag when using the Advanced Export by Channel feature, or when generating a People Search, Thank You, or Best Efforts For more information, please refer to the How to Use Mass Flag Suppression in List Selects on the HelpDesk.
- Click Save Changes when you have completed the Flag Code, Description, and Note fields.
- You may click Close at any time to exit the Flag - Add window.
Using Flags in a People Record
Within a People record, flag information is indicated by a flag icon at the end of the tab listing in the profile viewer pane. If there are flags attached to the record, a number will appear with the flag icon, indicating how many flags there are under the record.
- To view the list of existing flags, click on the flag icon and existing flag codes will appear in a list. If you hover your mouse over an existing flag, the flag's Description will display.
- To add a new flag to a record, click within the empty space of the flag's box and a drop-down list will appear with all existing flag codes. Select the flag that you want to add and it will automatically be added to the record.
- To delete an existing flag from a record, click the “X” on the right side of the flag code. A confirmation message will appear asking, “This change will be permanent, are you sure to continue?” Click Yes to delete the flag from the record or No to keep the flag.
**Please note: You can also use the Mass Append function to assign flags to multiple people records at once. For more information, please see the Mass Append - Flag, Keyword, Notes, Events, and Tasks guide.
Searching with Flags
When searching for People records, you may search for all records with one or more flags under the Group section. You may also specify a date or range of dates for when the flags were added.
You may also use flags to hide certain records when searching by entering those flags you wish to exclude under the Suppression section.
**Please note: For more detailed information on searching and on using the Suppression functionality, please see the Crimson: People Search solution.