Formatting Your File
Please check that your file fits the following formatting and field requirements before loading:
- Must be saved as an Excel file.
- Every record must have a Last Name.
- Scan file for odd characters (such as quotes) and formatting discrepancies (such as different alignments for cells) that may cause problems with the load.
- Record Types:
- I = Individual
- C = Candidate Campaign Committee
- P = Multi-Candidate PAC
- S = State or Local Party Committee
- O = Non Multi-Candidate PAC
- N = National Party Committee
- R = Partnership & LLC
- T = Other
Importing Your File
- To import, click on the Import/Data Entry menu and then select Import.
- In Step 1: Upload File, click the button and select your excel file from your computer.
- In Step 2: Import Type, choose the import type of New Contact and either Volunteer or Non-Donor for the People Code which is required.
- In Step 3: Map Fields, the fields in the first column are the headers from your selected file. The drop-down fields in the second column are fields available in your Crimson database. Use these drop-down options to map fields between your file and Crimson. Make sure you map all of the required fields.
You can save the mapping to use in the future by clicking Save. You can choose Save to Selected Mapping (and select previously saved mapping) or Save to New Mapping (and create a new mapping). Load Mapping allows you to use a previously saved mapping and Delete Mapping allows you to remove a saved mapping.
- Click Validate Now in Step 4: Validate Records. This step validates that all required fields are included and that the file’s format is correct. If successful, a confirmation message will appear informing you how many records were validated and then allow you to go to Step 5: Import.
- To save the validation file before loading, click Output for Review. To load the file, click on Import Now.
- A confirmation message will appear asking, “Are you sure to import now?” Click Yes.
- When the import is complete, in Step 6: Result, you can click Output Results and save the import’s results. If there were any errors in your load, this file will explain the error.
Notes on Mapping: Field Definition
- Street = Main address field, Address 1 & Address 2 = Additional address info (Ste. #, Apt. #, Floor, PO Box, etc.)