In late 2015, we added a feature to Crimson that allows you to stop recurring gifts that were originally processed in the database (through Donate Now or Data Entry) on/after 11/1/2015. This can be done directly in the money record in Crimson.
If the recurring gift was first processed through Crimson before 11/1/2015, please contact CrimsonSupport@cmdi.com for assistance in stopping the recurring contribution.
If the recurring gift was first processed through WidgetMakr, please reference the FAQ How to Stop a Recurring Gift in WidgetMakr on WidgetMakr’s HelpDesk at http://help.widgetmakr.com.
**Please note, you can stop a recurring gift that was originally processed in WidgetMakr (on/after 11/1/2015) in Crimson, but the details for that record in WidgetMakr will not indicate that the recurring transaction was already stopped in the database.
Stopping a Recurring Gift in Crimson:
- Search for the donor using the People Search and open the people record.
- Confirm that you’re in the view under the tab and find the original recurring gift the donor first submitted.
- Open that money record by double-clicking on it or pressing the button.
- At the bottom of the money record, find and press the button to stop the recurring gift from processing going forward.
- You’ll be asked “Are you sure to stop recurring this gift?” Press .
- Once the recurring gift has been successfully stopped, the checkbox will no longer be checked and the button will no longer be available in the money record.