Crimson allows you to create and manage your fundraising events. Follow the directions below to create a new Event.
Creating an Event
- To create a new event, select Events under the People menu of Crimson.
- Click within the List view. A new Event window will appear for editing.
- Enter all of your event information into the fields. Required fields: Code, Description, and Event Date are marked with a . When you have entered data into these fields, you can click to create the event.
- For events over multiple days, check the checkbox to add a second set of date and time fields – End Date and End Time. Enter the start date in the Event Date and Event Time
- You may add a goal fundraising amount in the Goal $ field, a cost amount in the Cost $ field, select the default Fund Code from the drop-down menu, and leave a comment under the Event Details section.
- For the event’s location, you can use the tool which allows you to search for an address. As you begin typing in a location, the drop-down will suggest matching addresses. When you select one, the address fields will automatically be filled in for you and the location will be mapped below.
- You also have the option of manually entering an address into the Street, City, State, and Zip Code
- You may add additional info such as the Venue, Host, or Staff Lead.
- After entering data into these fields, click .
Adding Invitees for an Event
- To add a new invitee, click the button and the Search Invitee window will appear. Search for the record by either ID, First/Last Name, Email, Employer or Occupation. Select the correct record in the list of results by clicking the up arrow which will open an Add Event Participation editor window.
- Event Code and Description will prefill with. Select Invited, Confirmed, or Declined from the Status drop-down menu. * Create/edit event statuses in the Event Status tab, under Settings of the People
- If the invitee has RSVP’d, enter the RSVP date in the field or click the calendar icon to select it from the calendar. You may enter a table assignment in the Table # field and any additional info in the Comment field.
- You may enter any answers to questions associated with the event under the Questions section.
- Under the Payment section, a payment can be added for the event by clicking . A Donation List window will display corresponding gifts. Click on a gift once to highlight it and then press Select.
- You may add guests associated with that invitee (e.g. when the invitees are allowed guests or if the “invitee” is an organization). Under the Guest section, a list of existing guests will appear along with a couple of controls.
- Click to open a Contact List window and select guests from the list of contacts associated to that People record. Search for contacts by entering info into the Search box at the top and clicking the button. Click the contact you wish to add as a guest to highlight it and press Select.
- To add a guest who isn’t an existing contact, click to open an Add Event Guest window. Enter info about the guest then click the Question section to answer any questions for that event. Click Save or Cancel.
- When you’ve finished adding guests, click Save to save the invitee and return to the event or Cancel.
Adding Questions for an Event
- You may add questions to the event under the section at the bottom of the window. This allows you to specify certain information for each invitee. Enter the question in the field and then click Add.
Adding Attachments to an Event
- You can add attachments to the event under . To add an attachment, click the button and select the file from your computer.
- To send an existing attachment as an email, click the button, complete the email (ie. To, CC, Subject, and Message), and click Send.