The Invoices and Pay Invoice features in Crimson allow you to manually add invoices to the database for management and payment. **If you are currently using the Disbursement feature in crimson do not use the Invoice feature interchangeably as it could cause duplicate disbursements.
Follow the directions below to enter a new invoice in Crimson:
- Click the menu and select .
- You can Search for an existing Invoice in the Quick Search Bar .
- To add a new invoice, click . A new Invoice window will appear that allows you to either search for an existing vendor or create a new one.
- Begin entering the vendor’s name into the Quick Search box and matching vendors will appear in the drop-down. You can select the correct vendor from the drop-down to open a new Invoice window and enter the details or you can click to create a new vendor and then enter the new Invoice.
Required Fields for Data Entry:
- Batch Date: Enter the date that the expenditure was made. This will be the date that appears on the FEC report.
- Amount: The amount spent on this expense.
- Fund Code: Fund Code represents the election cycle and period (e.g. P2018 = Primary 2018, G2018 = General 2018, etc). A drop-down menu for existing fund codes is available. **Please note: This is for categorization in the database only, there’s a separate field for Election CD if you wish to display this on a FEC report.
- Account: If you are distinguishing which bank account the expenditure is being made from then select the correct code from the drop-down menu. If you are only using one bank account or are not differentiating between accounts, use the “N/A – N/A” code.
- Line Number: Select the correct FEC line number for the expense from the drop-down menu.
- G/L Code: If you aren’t using G/L codes (Chart of Accounts), the system will automatically assign a “UD – Undefined code”. Otherwise, enter the breakdown of the expenditure by G/L code here.
Additional Fields include:
- FEC Description: The description of the expenditure that shows up on the FEC report. A list of suggested/pre-approved descriptions will appear in a drop-down as you start entering your description. You may select one of these descriptions or use your own.
- Memo Indicator: Indicates whether an entry is a memo item. More information on entering memos and linked transactions is below.
- Transcategory: Optional FEC categorization of expenditures.
- Election: This is the field you use to indicate if the expenditure is for a particular election (e.g. P = Primary, G = General, etc).
- Year: This is the field used to define the year of the election code reference above in the Election field (e.g. 2018).
- Other Election: If the election is not standard – such as a Convention or Recall – use this field to define the appropriate election.
Entering and Linking Memo Transactions:
- When creating memo entries for an Ultimate Vendor payment, you must enter the Ultimate Vendor disbursement first and then add each linked memo entry to this payment.
- When memo entries are linked to an Ultimate Vendor payment, the Memo Indicator box will automatically be checked. You may enter the Memo Text
- To link a memo entry to an Ultimate Vendor, press the button under the Ultimate Vendor section of the invoice A new Invoice window will appear that allows you to create the memo entry’s disbursement for an existing vendor or a new vendor and then link the payments.
- Under Total, the total amount currently linked to the Ultimate Vendor payment is displayed.
**Please refer to the Crimson: Ultimate Vendors in Expenditures guide on the HelpDesk for more detailed information.
- Click the menu and select .
- By default you will be taken to tab,if you wish to narrow your search parameters by Fund Code, Vendor or Due Date you can do so in the
- Click to select all open invoices
- Click to un-select all invoices currently selected.
- Click to download all invoices into a excel spreadsheet.
- You may manually select invoices you want to pay by checking the check box next to the open
- Once selected, you can choose to pay another amount other than the remaining balance by changing the amount under “Amt to Pay”.
- When all invoices you wish to pay are selected you can click Pay w/o Print or Print Checks.
- - will allow you to pay selected invoices without cutting checks. Ex. Paying a vendor by credit card, ACH or wire transfer.
- - will take you to the “Print Check in Batch” window.
**Please note: This feature can only be used with checks ordered through Intuit because of format settings. Please contact CrimsonSupport@cmdi.com if you have any questions.
- Enter the “Starting Check #”as well as the date you wish to cut the check. Click when finished.
- Hit to download PDF of the checks.
**If you’re using Pay Invoices for the first time we recommend printing the first page on plain paper and then matching to the actual checks to ensure proper fit.** - If Alignment is off, go back and change the margins and repeat process till properly
- After successfully printing checks, click “Yes, mark invoices as paid and record check information”.