The Money Search menu is available within the Money submenu of Crimson. Use the Quick Search tool along the top of the screen to find a specific record or use the Filtered search to find a list of records. In the Quick Search bar, you can search by PID, First Name and/or Last Name, or part of the Org Name.
Difference between the People Search and Money Search
The People Search allows you to search for people records (prospects, donors, and volunteers) and provides you with contact details about those records as well as summary contribution data. The Money Search allows you to search for contributions and provides you with the transaction details for each gift. If a donor meets the search criteria for multiple donations, they will be listed numerous times in the Money Search results and the output will include a MID (Money Identification #) for each contribution.
Detailed Filtered Search
The detailed Filtered search can be used to find either a particular gift or a group of contributions. The filtered search is helpful in producing a list of all donations from a single donor, specific source code, particular event, and much more. Below are helpful tips regarding the Filtered search options:
- You can look-up criteria based on any combination of options.
- Search with partial information. For example, search for part of a name by using the Starts with option from the field’s drop-down menu.
- By changing Starts with to Contains, you can search for a string of characters anywhere in the field. For example, if you were looking for a PAC record with “Health” in the name, the Contains search option would search for that word to occur anywhere in the Last Name.
- Search for gifts based on transaction details such as batch date, amount, fundraising codes (Fund Codes, Programs, Initiatives, and Source Codes), payment methods, and tracking #s in the Gifts This includes options to search for amounts that are equal to, greater than or equal to, less than or equal to, not equal to or between ranges.
- Enter criteria in the Suppression section to exclude records from a search. For example, under Flag select the drop-down option “in list of” and list “DNM, DNC” (common for Do Not Mail and Do Not Call) to exclude any donations from people records that have those flags from the results.
Checking the OR checkbox suppresses records if criteria is entered in any of the fields applied. If this box is not checked, records will only be suppressed if the criteria in all of the fields are applied.
Or use the Apply Channel Suppression Flags option. This will suppress all flags marked as Channel Suppression flags in People Settings from your results. Please see the How to Use Channel Suppression Flags FAQ on our HelpDesk for more details.
- Once all your search criteria has been entered, click the button in the bottom right corner of the page.
- A count of records in your results will appear at the bottom left corner of the screen .
- Clicking on a column header, such as Batch Date, will sort results based on that column.
- Any record in the list can be opened by double clicking on it or clicking the button.
- At any time clicking button at the bottom right corner of the screen will clear all of your selection criteria and allow you to start a new Search.
- Reset buttons within each section will clear only the selection criteria for that section.
- After the search results are generated, you can click the button to export the entire results in Excel.