The Crimson Reconciliation tool allows you to identify which transactions have cleared the bank, and easily run report data to see which transactions have not within a selected period of time.
The Reconciliation tool requires clients to record Expenditures and Other Receipts using the appropriate bank account codes associated with them. For further information on Expenditures and Other Receipts see the Crimson: Expenditures Data Entry and Other Receipts guide. Once all Treasury data has been recorded, take the following steps to begin the reconciliation process:
1. Go to the Treasury section of the left side menu options in Crimson.
2. Select the bank account being reconciled on the left of the dashboard, under Cash Balances.
3. Then click the red button to the right.
4. By default, you will be taken to a screen that displays all un-cleared expenditures and receipts for that specific bank account. Click the blue Filters header to filter this data.
5. Select your filtering criteria:
- Transaction Type – Disbursement or Receipt?
- Vendor Name – Search for Vendor Name, or First Name/Last Name.
- Transaction Date – Use dropdown to select a specific date or search between ranges.
- Check # – Use drop down to select a specific Check# or search between ranges.
6. Click Search.
7. The Receipts/Disbursements section’s results will update based on your filtering criteria.
8. You can then begin clearing transactions. Below are the options available:
- - Use this button to clear the entire group of transactions for a single date. Enter the Clear Date then click Apply to complete the process.
- Date Cleared – Manually clear transactions one at a time by clicking in the Date Cleared field for each one. Enter or select the date. Click Save when done clearing transactions.
- - Uncheck the Uncleared Transactions Only box at the top of the transaction list to display both uncleared and cleared transactions. Then use this button to unclear transactions that were mistakenly cleared. You’ll be asked, “Are you sure to unclear all transactions?” Select Yes. Unclear a single transaction by clicking in the Date Cleared field and deleting the date. Click Save when done.
- - Use this button at any time to export and view the uncleared and cleared transactions with cleared date in Excel.
Un-Cleared Transactions Report
Run report #605 – Un-Cleared Transactions to get a quick report of all uncleared transactions as of a specific reconciliation date or date range. For example, if the entered Reconciliation Date is 2/28/16, transactions with a Cleared Date in March would still be included because they weren’t cleared as of 2/28/16. The report would not include any transactions after the selected Reconciliation Date.