If you’re using Crimson to enter Other Receipts/Expenditures, candidate loans will be included when you use the “Export from Crimson” button(s) in Crimson Filer and when you select Other Receipts using the FEC Export located under the Compliance menu in Crimson but ONLY for Schedule A.
*Note: you will still need to manually enter the loans in Schedule C on the report itself in CrimsonFiler.
**For more information on Candidate Loans, please see the Crimson Filer – Entering a Candidate Loan guide on the HelpDesk.
- Click Receipts under the Treasury
- Click the button located at the top right corner of the Receipts window and search for the Candidate’s Vendor record.
- If there’s no vendor record for the Candidate, then click the button.
- Select Candidate from the Vendor Type drop-down menu and enter the appropriate information into the remaining fields where necessary, then click Save.
- Enter the date of the loan into the Batch Date field and enter the Amount of the loan.
- Select the Fund Code from the Fund drop-down menu.
- You can select N/A for the Bank Account Code in the Account drop-down menu if you do not have bank accounts setup in Crimson.
- Select SA13A - Loans made or guaranteed by the Candidate from the Line Number drop-down menu.
- Finally, enter the appropriate description as you want it to appear on the FEC report in the FEC Description field (“Candidate Loan – Personal Funds” is probably sufficient), then click Save.