Step 1 – Enter the Conduit:
- Know the aggregate amount for the conduit based on the total of your earmarked contributions and the date they were transferred.
- Enter it like a regular receipt EXCEPT select the Payment Type of EM – Earmark
- By selecting this payment type, this payment will automatically be marked as a memo with FEC Memo Text of “See Attributions below”.
Step 2 – Enter the Earmarked Contributions:
Option 1 – Manually Applying Each Earmarked Contribution
- Under the conduit’s money record, click the Adjust button and select Earmark Attribution under the Adjustment drop-down menu.
- Then select the Adjustment Date, enter the Adjustment Amount, and add the donor who should be attributed with this amount by using the Quick Search
**Please note: Donor records should already be created in Crimson.
- Click Apply.
- Continue to apply all of the earmarked contributions until done.
**Please note: For the earmarked attribution records, the FEC Memo Text will read “Earmark from _______” with the name of the conduit’s record.
Option 2 – Import the Earmarked Contributions
- Under the conduit’s money record, click Import Attributions.
- Follow the normal importing steps 1 – 6
- Step 1: Upload File
- Step 2: Import Type
- Step 3: Map Fields
- Step 4: Validate Records
- Step 5: Import (Output for Review)
- Step 6: Result (Output Results)
Please see the Crimson HelpDesk for a sample import template.