Expenditure Data Entry is the process of manually adding disbursements and vendors into the database.
1. Click the menu and select .
2. Under the Disbursements section, click . A new Disbursement window will appear that allows you to either search for an existing vendor or create a new one.
- Click to create a new vendor or begin entering the vendor’s name into the Quick Search box and matching vendors will appear in a drop-down. You can select the correct vendor from the drop-down to open a new Disbursement window and enter the details.
Required Fields for Data Entry:
- Transaction Date: Enter the date that the expenditure was made. This will be the date that appears on the FEC report.
- Amount: The amount spent on this expense.
- Fund Code: Fund Code represents the election cycle and period (e.g. P2016 = Primary 2016, G2016 = General 2016, etc). A drop-down menu for existing fund codes is available.
**Please note: This is for categorization in the database only, there’s a separate field for Election CD if you wish to display this on a FEC report.
- Account: If you are distinguishing which bank account the expenditure is being made from then select the correct code from the drop-down menu. If you are only using one bank account or are not differentiating between accounts, use the “N/A – N/A” code.
- Line Number: Select the correct FEC line number for the expense from the drop-down menu.
- G/L Code: The box below is your G/L Account field. If you aren’t using a G/L code, the system will automatically assign a "UD – Undefined code". Otherwise, enter the breakdown of the expenditure by G/L code here.
Additional Fields include:
- FEC Description: Description of the expenditure that shows up on the FEC report. A list of suggested/pre-approved descriptions will appear in a drop-down as you start entering your description. You may select one of these descriptions or use your own.
- Memo Indicator: Indicates whether an entry is a memo item. More information on entering memos and linked transactions is below.
- Transcategory: Optional FEC categorization of expenditures.
- Election: This is the field you use to indicate if the expenditure is for a particular election (e.g. P = Primary, G = General, etc).
- Year: This is the field used to define the year of the election code reference above (e.g. 2014).
- Other Election: If the election is not standard – such as a Convention or Recall – use this field to define the appropriate election.
Entering and Linking Memo Transactions:
- When creating memo entries for an Ultimate Vendor payment, you must enter the Ultimate Vendor disbursement first and then add each linked memo entry to this payment.
- When memo entries are linked to an Ultimate Vendor payment, the Memo Indicator box will automatically be checked. You may enter the Memo Text below.
- To link a memo entry to an Ultimate Vendor, press the button under the Ultimate Vendor section of the disbursement window. A new Disbursement window will appear that allows you to create the memo entry’s disbursement for an existing vendor or a new vendor and then link the payments.
- Under Total, the total amount currently linked to the Ultimate Vendor payment is displayed.
**Please refer to the Crimson: Ultimate Vendors in Expenditures guide on the HelpDesk for more detailed information.