The Best Efforts List Select generates lists of donors who need to be sent Best Effort letters for FEC Compliance.
How to Run the Best Effort List Select
1. Click on the Compliance menu and select Best Efforts to open the Best Efforts list select search window.
2. Use the drop down menu to select the Fund Code to be used for the select.
Take note of the Suppression box, in red. Click the white right arrow to open another series of search variables allowing you to exclude certain records (e.g. records flagged “DNM” for Do Not Mail).
3. Once a search criterion has been entered, click the button at the bottom right corner.
Note: The search is looking for all records that fit the criteria entered, but will only output those donors who have not previously been selected to receive a Best Efforts letter for a particular gift and those donors whose Occupation and/or Employer do not meet the FEC’s requirements.
4. From your results:
- Click on any column header to sort results based on the data in that column.
- To change your search criteria after results have appeared, you can click the button to go back to the search fields or panels.
- At any time, clicking the button at the bottom right corner of the Search Panel will clear all of your selection criteria and allow you to start a new Best Efforts list search.
- To view a record, click the button to the left of the record.
5. To save a list, click the button in the bottom left corner of the Results section.
6. A confirmation message will appear asking:
Click Yes and these donors will no longer pull in a Best Efforts List Select to receive a letter because of these contributions.
7. After you have exported the list, Crimson will prompt you with the option to add a Contact Management note to all the records in the list. This option may be useful in noting what date Best Efforts letters were sent or where the list has been saved for the letters to be sent in the future. Click the button marked Yes and fill in the field to save a note or just click No to skip this step.
*Under the Data Maintenance section of the Reports menu, there is also report #401, Best Effort Itemized Donors w/o Occupation & Employer, which can also be used to generate a list of records that need Best Efforts letters sent.