Crimson 2 FAQ: Can I Undo a Merge?

Question: Can I undo a merge?

Answer: No. Merging is permanent and irreversible so do not merge records unless you are sure they are the same person.

If a merge was done by mistake, you need to create a new People record and use the adjustment type of Transfer to move gifts back to the correct record.

**Please refer to the Add a People Record solution for instructions on how to create a new People record.

  • After the record has been re-created in Crimson, find the gifts that need to be transferred using the Search function in the Money menu or open the merged record after you’ve found it using the Search in the People
  • Open the first gift to be transferred by clicking on the  Money window will appear.
  • Click the Adjust button and an Adjustment box and Adjustment Date field will appear.
  • Select TR – Transfer from the Adjustment drop-down menu.

The Adjustment Date will automatically be filled in with the current date. You may edit this date to reflect the original contribution date by either manually entering the correct date or using the Calendar icon to select it. *Please note: this is the date that will appear on your FEC report.


  • Enter the new donor to whom you’d like to reassign/transfer the contribution to by searching for the ID or First and Last Name in the Quick Search and then press . Once you find the record, click Select.
  • Click Apply to finalize the transfer adjustment.
  • Repeat this process for each gift until all that were merged in error have been transferred.
Have more questions? Submit a request


Powered by Zendesk