How do I record a contribution with non-sufficient funds?
Contributions with non-sufficient funds are recorded as debits. In general, debits are applied when the bank rejects a check, it has bounced, or it was improperly written/damaged.
- Find the contribution you want to apply the debit to by either using the Search functionality in the People menu and then opening the money record or by using the Search functionality in the Money menu.
- Open the gift and click . The Adjustment drop-down and Adjustment Date fields will appear.
- From the adjustment drop-down menu, select Debit.
- The Adjustment Date will automatically be filled with the current date. Be sure to edit this date if needed using the calendar tool or manually.
- Click Apply to finalize the Debit.
**Please note, the gift is then deducted from the donor’s record. The debit will show as a negative on Schedule A on FEC reports.