How Do I Assign Credit to a Partner for a Partnership Gift?
Partnership attributions are handled after batches or contributions have been loaded into Crimson. If the partners to whom you’re assigning credit for a partnership gift don’t already have People records in Crimson, first create those records using the Add a Record function under the Import/Data Entry menu.
*Please refer to the Add a Record solution for instructions on how to create a new People record.
- Find the gift using the Search functionality in the Money menu or open the Partnership record using the Search functionality in the People menu.
- Open the gift by clicking on the button.
- Click Adjust. An Adjustment and Adjustment Date field will appear.
- Select PT – Partnership Attribution from the Adjustment drop-down menu.
The Adjustment Date will automatically be filled in with the current date. You may edit this date to reflect the original contribution date or the date when the partnership supplied you with this information either manually or using the Calendar icon. *Please note: This is the date that will appear on your FEC report as the partnership attribution date.
- Enter the amount the partner should receive credit for in the Amount.
- Search for the partner you would like to credit using the Quick Search tool by ID or First and Last Name.
- Click Apply to finalize the partnership adjustment.
- Repeat this process for each partner until the full partnership gift amount has been attributed.
*Please refer to the Import Partnership Attributions solution for instructions on how to import an excel of partnership attributions.