In Crimson, Event Codes can be used to help manage event details and invitees. Event Codes are applied at the People Record level, whereas Source Codes are applied at the gift level to help identify where money is coming in from. The two codes can be linked together to help enhance event tracking.
How to Link an Event to a Source Code via the Events Manager
If the event is related to a Direct Mail piece, there is a Mail Data area available to be completed with the Cost Per Piece information available from your Direct Mail vendor. This information will allow Crimson to enhance the performance tracking of your event, resulting in additional reports available for analysis.
How to Link an Event to a Source Code via Source Code Settings
**The Event Code must exist, before linking an Event Code to a Source Code under Money Settings.
- Go to the Money menu and click on Settings. Then select the Source Code A list of existing Source Codes will display.
- Click to create a new Source Code, or click to edit an existing Source Code.
- The Source Code must have a Source Code and Description. To link an event to the Source Code, start typing the Event Code into the Post $ to Event field, a drop down will appear as you type, select the correct Event Code.
- Click when done making your edits.
- Once saved, money entered into the database with the Source Code will be tracked in all linked event areas.