*Note: The Partnership Donor Profile (People Type = R - Partnership) and Gift need to exist in Crimson prior to importing partners.
- To import Partnership attributions, find and open the Money Record of the gift you wish to add the partners.
- Click Import Partnership Attribution on the top of the Page.
- A new window will open, in Step 1: Upload click the button and select the excel file. Then select the correct Worksheet/tab from the Excel to use for upload.
- In Step 2: Import Type decide if you want to:
- Not Overwrite Existing Data – If this data previously existed it will NOT overwrite and replace.
- Overwrite existing Data - If data previously existed it will overwrite and replace the data.
In Step 3: Map Fields, the fields in the first column are the headers from your selected file. The drop-down fields in the second column are fields available in your Crimson database. Use these drop-down options to map fields between your file and Crimson. Make sure you map all of the required fields.
You can save the mapping to use in the future by clicking Save. You can choose Save to Selected Mapping (and select previously saved mapping) or Save to New Mapping (and create a new mapping). Load Mapping allows you to use a previously saved mapping and Delete Mapping allows you to remove a saved mapping.
- Click in Step 4: Validation. This step validates that all required fields are included and that the file’s format is correct. If successful, a confirmation message will appear.
- To save the validation file before loading, click Output for Review. To load the file, click Import Now in Step 5.
- A confirmation message will appear asking, “Are you sure to import now?” Click Yes.
- When the import is complete, in Step 6: Result, you can click Output Results and save the import’s results. If there were any errors in your load, this file will explain the error.
*Please note: Refer to the Crimson FAQ: How do I assign credit to a partner for a partnership gift? for instructions on how to manually apply partnership attributions to a partnership gift.