Update the Loan in Crimson
**The following is only a recommendation for forgiving a personal candidate loan in Crimson. For accurate information, please visit www.fec.gov or contact your RAD analyst.
1. Under the tab in crimson, go to
2. Click on to begin a transaction. You can either look up a vendor, or add a new one if you haven’t already included them in Crimson.
3. The vendor should be the candidate’s name and the line number should be SA11D – Contributions from the Candidate.
4. Mark the transaction as a memo item by clicking and add Memo Text to explain the outstanding balance on the candidate loan has been converted to a candidate contribution.
Update the Loan in Schedule C – CrimsonFiler
- Go into CrimsonFiler and go into the
- Either in your new Form 3 report, or in amendment to your last filed Form 3 report, go to the Schedule C
- Find the existing candidate loan for updating.
- Update the balance to “0” then include, in the report, memo text that explains the candidate loan originated from personal funds and is now a candidate contribution.
- Click Save.