All Crimson clients have the ability to assign bundler Tracking Numbers to People records when the Lobbyist checkbox is selected and then assign those tracking numbers to contributions.
**Please note: For more information on Bundler/Tracking Number such as advanced bundler settings, please contact CrimsonSupport@cmdi.com.
Creating a Tracking Number:
To create a new Tracking # for a bundler/lobbyist, check the Lobbyist checkbox and then press the button.
A small window will appear for you to enter a new Tracking #. Enter the number you want to assign to the fundraiser’s people record. After you’ve entered the tracking #, click the blue check button to verify whether that number is available.
- If the tracking # isn’t available, you’ll receive the following message: “Track# already exists”.
- If the tracking # is available, Crimson will save and assign that number to the people record.
Linking a Gift to a Bundler/Fundraiser:
The bundler tracking number associated with a gift should be entered into Crimson at the time of data entry/import, but in cases where it must be added later, it can be done by editing that gift in Crimson.
- To credit a fundraiser for a gift already entered in Crimson, open the gift via the Gifts tab in the donor’s People record or find the contributions using the Money Search.
- Click Edit and start entering the bundler’s tracking number in the Track# As you enter the tracking number, a drop-down list will populate existing fundraisers that start with those numbers.
- The Amount field will automatically be filled in with the entire gift amount, but you can edit this before clicking Add Fundraiser and completing the update.