Two Factor Authentication is required for all Crimson Users. This Crimson login feature allows you to setup a second authentication for your password via authenticator app., text message, or email as an extra layer of security. In order to setup two factor authentication, you must log into Crimson.
- Enter your Crimson login credentials
- The first time you login, you will be asked to select how you would prefer to receive your 2-Factor Authorization Code. Click Next once you have selected the option you prefer.
- You will be sent an access code to enter. You have the option to save that 2 factor authentication access code so it is remembered for the next 30 days. NOTE: access codes are only valid for 5 minutes after being sent. Click Submit when ready.
Note: You can update the setup in the future if you want to change how you receive access codes.
Update the 2 Factory Authentication Source
- Once logged in, open the drop-down at the top-right corner of Crimson.
- Select “Account”.
- Under “User Preferences” in the “Password/Access”, click the blue Setup
- Click “Change Setup” to change the option for how you receive the 2-Factor Code.
- Select how you would like to receive the 2-factor authentication access codes going forward.
- Click the Next button and follow the instructions.