Question: I entered the wrong donor name in an already loaded batch. How do I correct this without having to delete and re-enter the entire batch?
Answer: The batch does not have to be re-entered. There is an adjustment type called Transfer that allows you to move a contribution from one record to another without any implications on the FEC report.
- Select the People Dashboard from the left hand Main Menu of Crimson.
- Click on the People Search in the upper right-hand navigation bar.
- Search for the People Record that has the incorrect gift assigned to it and open the profile.
- In the profile, make sure you have selected the Giving History
- Click on “All” gifts to the right of the “Recent Gifts” area in the lower half of the screen.
- Open the first gift to be transferred by clicking on the button to the left of the transaction.
- Click the blue Adjust button and an Adjustment box and Adjustment Date field will appear.
- Select TR – Transfer from the Adjustment drop-down menu.
- Enter an Adjustment Date to reflect the original contribution date by either manually entering the correct date or using the Calendar icon to select it. *Please note: this is the date that will appear on your FEC report.
- Enter the new donor to transfer the contribution to by searching for the ID or First and Last Name in the Donor ID search field and then press .
- Once you find the record, click Select.
- Click Apply to finalize the transfer adjustment.
**Please note: If the correct record is not in Crimson yet, be sure to create the new record before starting the adjustment process. Please refer to the Add a New Record solution on the HelpDesk.