Once a contribution has been deleted from Crimson, the deletion cannot be reversed. The deleted contribution will need to be re-entered into the database.
Deleting a Contribution
- Find and open the donor’s record using the Search functionality in the People Dashboard.
- Once in the donor’s record, select the Giving History panel if for any reason you are not in it.
- Select Statement view in the top right hand side of the panel summary.
- Find the contribution record you want to delete. To view the details of a contribution first, hover your mouse over the contribution and click the button to view the contribution. Click Back to go back to the statement list view.
NOTE: Make sure that the contribution record you are trying to delete does not have any adjustments made to it. You cannot delete a contribution that has adjustments applied to it, and you will receive an error message if you attempt to delete it.
If the contribution that you want to delete has any adjustments, hover over the adjustment record and click the button. A message will appear asking, “Are you sure to undo Adjustment?” Click Yes. A confirmation message will appear stating, “Adjustment Undone”.
- Once you have confirmed that the contribution record you want to delete does not have any adjustments, click the button. A message will appear asking, “Are you sure to delete Gift?” Click Yes.
- A confirmation will appear stating, “Gift Deleted.”