You can stop recurring gifts that were originally processed in Crimson (through Donate Now or Data Entry) directly in the money record.
* NOTE: If the recurring gift was first processed through Crimson before 11/1/2015, please contact CrimsonSupport@cmdi.com for assistance in stopping the recurring contribution.
If the recurring gift was first processed through WidgetMakr, please reference WidgetMakr's HelpDesk FAQ on How to Stop a Recurring Gift in WidgetMakr.
You can stop a recurring gift that was originally processed in WidgetMakr (on/after 11/1/2015) in Crimson, but the details for that record in WidgetMakr will not indicate that the recurring transaction was already stopped in the database.
Stopping a Recurring Gift in Crimson:
- Search for the donor using the People Search and open the people record.
- Confirm that you are in the gift view by selecting the Giving History panel.
- Then click All in the top right hand corner of the panel summary to see all the gifts.
- Find the original recurring gift the donor first submitted.
- Open that money record by double-clicking on it or pressing the button.
- At the bottom of the money record, find and press the button to stop the recurring gift from processing going forward.
- You will be asked “Are you sure to stop recurring this gift?” Press Yes.
- Once the recurring gift has been successfully stopped, the Recurring Checkbox will no longer be checked and the button will no longer be available in the money record.