The Crimson Reconciliation tool allows you to identify which transactions have cleared the bank and easily run report data to see which transactions have not within a selected period of time.
The Reconciliation tool requires clients to record Expenditures and Other Receipts using the appropriate bank account codes associated with them. For further information on Expenditures and Other Receipts, see the Crimson 3: Expenditures - Data Entry and Crimson 3: Treasury Receipts – Data Entry guides. Once all Treasury data has been recorded, take the following steps to begin the reconciliation process:
- Go to the Financial Summary Dashboard, which can be selected from the Main Menu on the left side of Crimson.
- Select the bank account being reconciled on the left of the dashboard, under the Cash Balances card.
- Then click the blue button that is on the right side of the Account Register.
- By default, you will be taken to Treasury Reconciliation screen that displays all un-cleared expenditures and receipts for that specific bank account. Click the Filters header to filter this data.
- Use the Txn Type, Vendor (or Payee), Txn Date, and/or Check # filters to select your criteria:
- Transaction Type – Disbursement or Receipt?
- Vendor Name – Search for Vendor or Payee Name or First Name/Last Name.
- Transaction Date – Use the drop-down to select a specific date or search between date ranges.
- Check # – Use drop down to select a specific Check # or search between ranges.
- Click Search.
- The Results tab will update based on your filtering criteria. If you want to see cleared transactions as well, uncheck the Uncleared Transactions Only checkbox.
- You can then begin clearing transactions. Below are the options available:
- - Use this button to clear the entire group of transactions with a single date. Enter the Clear Date then click the Clear All Transactions button to complete the process.
- Use the checkboxes in the first column to select a group of transactions to clear. Once you’ve selected the transactions you want to clear, update the Clear Date, and press .
- - Manually clear transactions one at a time by clicking the Clear button in the second column. It will use the date in the Clear Date field and ask “Are you sure you want to clear this transaction?” Select Yes or No.
- - Uncheck the Uncleared Transactions Only checkbox at the top of the transaction list to display both cleared and uncleared transactions. Then use this button to unclear transactions that were mistakenly cleared. You will be asked, “Are you sure to unclear all transactions?” Select Yes.
- To unclear a single transaction or group of transactions, use the checkboxes in the first column. Once you’ve selected the transactions you want to unclear, press .
- - Use this button at any time to export and view the uncleared and/or cleared transactions with cleared date in Excel.
Un-Cleared Transactions Report
Run report #605 – Un-Cleared Transactions (found under Treasury Reports card on the Financial Summary Dashboard, click to see all of the reports) to get a quick report of all uncleared transactions as of a specific reconciliation date or date range. For example, if the entered Reconciliation Date is 2/28/16, transactions with a Cleared Date in March would still be included because they weren’t cleared as of 2/28/16. The report would not include any transactions after the selected Reconciliation Date.