The Invoices and Pay Invoice features in Crimson allow you to manually add invoices to the database for management and payment. **Please note: If you are currently using the Disbursement feature in crimson do not use the Invoice feature interchangeably as it could cause duplicate disbursements.
Follow the directions below to enter a new invoice in Crimson:
- Navigate to the Financial Summary Dashboard and click the Invoice Search button in the top right Dashboard Navigation Bar.
- You will see a list of all existing invoices or you can search for a particular invoice in the Quick Invoice Search bar to the top right of the new window.
- To add a new invoice, click . A new Invoice window will appear that allows you to either search for an existing payee or create a new one.
- Begin entering the vendor’s name into the Search bar and matching vendors will appear in the drop-down. You can select the correct vendor from the drop-down to open a new Invoice window and enter the details or you can click to create a new payee and then enter the new Invoice.
Required Fields for Data Entry:
- Date: Enter the invoice date. When an invoice is marked as paid, Crimson will ask you to select a disbursement date. The disbursement date will be the date that appears on the FEC report.
- Amount: The invoice amount expected to be spent on this expense.
- Fund Code: Fund Code represents the election cycle and period (e.g. P2018 = Primary 2018, G2018 = General 2018, etc). A drop-down menu for existing fund codes is available. **Please note: This is for categorization in the database only, there’s a separate field for Election CD if you wish to display this on a FEC report.
- Account: If you are distinguishing which bank account the expenditure will be made from then select the correct code from the drop-down menu. If you are only using one bank account or are not differentiating between accounts, use the “N/A – N/A” code.
- Line Number: Select the correct FEC line number for the future expense from the drop-down menu.
- G/L Code: If you aren’t using G/L codes (Chart of Accounts), the system will automatically assign a “UD – Undefined code”. Otherwise, enter the breakdown of the expenditure by G/L code here.
Additional Fields include:
- FEC Description: The description of the expenditure that shows up on the FEC report. A list of suggested/pre-approved descriptions will appear in a drop-down as you start entering your description. You may select one of these descriptions or use your own.
- Memo Text: Indicates whether an entry is a memo item. More information on entering memos and linked transactions is below.
- Transaction Category: Optional FEC categorization of expenditures.
- Election: This is the field you use to indicate if the expenditure is for a particular election (e.g. P = Primary, G = General, etc).
- Year: This is the field used to define the year of the election code reference above in the Election field (e.g. 2018).
- Other Election: If the election is not standard – such as a Convention or Recall – use this field to define the appropriate election.
Entering and Linking Memo Transactions:
- When creating memo entries for an Ultimate Vendor payment, you must enter the Ultimate Vendor disbursement first and then add each linked memo entry to this payment.
- When memo entries are linked to an Ultimate Vendor payment, the Memo Indicator box will automatically be checked. You may enter the Memo Text.
- To link a memo entry to an Ultimate Vendor, press the button under the Ultimate Vendor section of the invoice. A new Invoice window will appear that allows you to create the memo entry’s disbursement for an existing vendor or a new vendor and then link the payments.
- Under Total, the total amount currently linked to the Ultimate Vendor payment is displayed.
**Please refer to the Crimson: Ultimate Vendors in Expenditures guide on the HelpDesk for more detailed information.
- Go back to the Financial Summary Dashboard and click the Pay Invoices dashboard button.
- By default you will be taken to the Result tab with all open invoices, if you wish to narrow your search parameters by Fund Code, Payee or Due Date you can do so under the Filters Tab.
- Click to select all open invoices.
- Click to un-select all invoices currently selected.
- Click to download all invoices into a excel spreadsheet.
- You may manually select invoices you want to pay by checking the check box in the Selected column.
- Once selected, you can choose to pay another amount other than the remaining balance by changing the amount under the Amt to Pay column.
- When all invoices you wish to pay are selected you can click Pay w/o Print or Print Checks.
- - will allow you to pay selected invoices without cutting checks. Ex. Paying a vendor by credit card, ACH or wire transfer.
- - will take you to the “Print Check in Batch” window.
**Please note: This feature can only be used with checks ordered through Intuit because of format settings. Please contact CrimsonSupport@cmdi.com if you have any questions.
- Enter the “Starting Check #”as well as the date you wish to cut the check. Click when finished.
- Hit to download PDF of the checks.
**If you’re using Pay Invoices for the first time we recommend printing the first page on plain paper and then matching to the actual checks to ensure proper fit.** If Alignment is off, go back and change the margins and repeat process till it is properly aligned.
- After successfully printing checks, click “Yes” when prompted with the question “Did all checks print successfully? Click yes to mark invoices as paid and record check information.”