Crimson allows you to create and manage your fundraising events. Below are the steps to add an invitee to an event via their people record profile.
Adding an Invitee to an Event via his/her People Record
- To add invitees through their records, open their People record and click the Events panel. A list of events to which that record had already been added to will appear along with an overview.
- Click the All button to access all the events the donor has previously been invited to. In the new window, click to edit an existing event under the record.
- Click the button to delete an event from a record.
- Click the Add To Event button. An Add Event Participation editor window will appear for editing. Use the Event Search Bar to search for the event by Description (not by Event Code) and select the corresponding event from the drop-down list that appears.
- The Event Code and Description will prefill at the top of the window. Select Invited, Confirmed, Declined, etc. from the Status drop-down menu. To add or edit your existing Event Statuses, select Settings from the left Main Menu and select Open the Event Status tab to create/edit your event statuses.
- If the person has RSVP’d, enter the RSVP date in the field or click the calendar icon to select it from the calendar. You may enter a table assignment in the Table # field and any additional info in the Comment field. You can also edit the Invitee Type by using the drop down list.
- Click to add the Event to the People Record.
- Now in the Edit Event Participation window, you will see the following options: Edit, Questions, Payments, and Guests as well as buttons to Process $ and Check In.
- You may enter any answers to questions associated with the event under the Questions section.
- Under the Payment section, an existing live contribution can be linked to the event by clicking . A list of the Donor’s Gifts will display. Click the button to link that contribution as a payment to this event or click the button to unlink an existing contribution as a payment.
- Add guests associated with that invitee (e.g. when the invitees are allowed one or more guests or if the “invitee” is an organization/PAC). Under the Guests section, a list of existing guests will appear with a couple of controls. Click to open a Donor’s Contacts section and select guests from the list of contacts associated to that People record. Select the contact you wish to add as a guest by clicking . To add a guest who is not listed as an existing contact, click to open an Add Guest window. Enter the basic info about the guest in the fields. After you click Save, you will have the option to add more details under the Edit section or specify answers to any existing questions for that event within the Question section. Click Save or Cancel.
- To process a new payment or pledge associated with the event, click . A Ticketing window will appear where you can either process a credit card payment now or record a Pay Later (Pledge). You can use the Ticketing toggle to update the number of tickets being purchased. When you are done click .
- Lastly, you can use the button to electronically check the Donor into the event. Simply click the button to reverse this action.
For more information about how to edit Events, see the Crimson – Editing Event Details guide on the HelpDesk. To import invitees to an existing event instead of adding them one-by-one, see the Crimson - Events Module Import Guide on the Crimson HelpDesk.