Crimson allows you to create and manage your fundraising events in the Event Dashboard. Follow the directions below to create a new event.
To learn more about the Event Dashboard, see the Crimson 3 – Event Dashboard guide on our HelpDesk. To learn more about editing an event and/or the newest event features, see the Crimson 3 – Editing Event Details and/or the Crimson 3 – New Events Features guides on our HelpDesk.
Creating an Event
1. To create a new event, go to the Event Dashboard.
2. Click the Add Event dashboard button. A new Event window will appear for editing.
3. Enter all of your event’s information into the fields. Required fields are marked with a indicator: Code, Description, and Start Date. When you have entered all of your event’s details into the fields, click to create and save the event.
- For events that occur over multiple days, check the checkbox to add a second set of date and time fields – End Date and End Time.
- You may add a goal fundraising amount in the Goal $ field, a cost amount in the Cost $ field, select the default Fund Code from the drop-down menu, and leave a Comment.
- For the event’s location, you can use the tool to search for an address. As you begin typing in a location, the drop-down will suggest matching addresses. When you select one, the address fields will automatically populate for you and the location will be mapped below.
- You also have the option of manually entering an address into the Street, City, State, and Zip fields.
- You may add additional info such as the Venue, Host, or Staff Lead or check that the event is Private Event and Enable Ticketing.
- When you have entered all of your event’s details into the fields, click .
Adding Invitees to an Event
- To add a new invitee, navigate to the Invitees tab and click the button and the Search Invitee window will appear. Search for the record by either PID, First Name or Last Name. Select the correct record in the list of results by clicking the button which will open an Edit Event Participation window.
- The Event Code and Description will display at the top of the page. Select Invited, Confirmed, Declined, etc. from the Status drop-down menu. To create/edit event statuses that display in the Event Status drop-down, go to the Event Status tab in People Settings.
- If the person has RSVP’d, enter the RSVP date in the field or click the calendar icon to select it from the calendar. You may enter a table assignment in the Table # field, add any additional info in the Comment field, or edit the Invitee Type using the drop-down menu.
- Click to save the Event details to the People Record.
- In the Edit Event Participation window, you will see the following options or tabs: Edit, Questions, Payments, and Guests.
- You may enter any answers to questions associated with the event for the invitee under the Questions section.
- Under the Payment section, an existing contribution from the people record can be linked to the event by clicking the button. A list of the Donor’s Gifts will display. Click the button beside the gift you want to link as a payment for this event. To remove a payment, click .
- You can add guests associated with that invitee (e.g. when the invitees are allowed one or more guests or if the “invitee” is an organization/PAC) under the Guest section.
- Click to open a list of the Donor’s Contacts and select a guest from the list by clicking the button.
- To add a guest who is not listed as an existing contact, click to open an Add Guest Enter the information about the guest and click .
- To process a new payment or pledge associated with the event, click the button. An Event Donation window with Ticketing options will appear where you can either process a credit card payment now or record a Pledge. You can use the Ticketing feature to update the number of tickets being purchased. When done click .
- Click the button to electronically check the invitee into the event. Simply click the button to reverse this action and mark the invitee and not checked in.
**Please note, you can choose to import an invitees list instead of adding records one-by-one by clicking the button and following the import steps.
Adding Questions to an Event
- You can add questions to an event under the Questions tab in the main event edit window. This allows you to specify certain information for each invitee. Click the button, enter the question in the text field that appears, and then click the button to add it to the event.
- To edit an existing question, double click on the question, make your edits, and then click the button. If the question requires a numeric answer, click the checkbox in the Numeric column once to enable it.
- To delete an existing question, click the button. A confirmation message will appear asking: “Are you sure to delete this question?”. Select Yes or No.
- When in an invitee’s Edit Event Participation window, you can complete the answers in the record’s Questions tab.
Adding Attachments to an Event
- You can add/edit attachments in an event under Attachments tab. To add an attachment, click the button and select the file from your computer.
- To download an existing attachment to your computer, click the button.
- To send an existing attachment as an email, click the button, complete the email address (ie. To, CC, Subject, and Message), and click Send.
- To delete an existing attachment, click the . A confirmation message will appear asking: “Are you sure to delete __________”. Select Yes or No.