In addition to User Groups, Crimson users can be assigned different Access Settings to enable additional access. One of these settings is Project Admin. Project Admin allows you to manage other users for your Database. You can create other Project Admins, remove and update User access, and add Users.
How to Make an Existing User a Project Admin
To make an existing user a Project Admin, you can reach out to Crimson Support and we can add that access setting. If you are already a Project Admin, you can add this setting to another User.
- Click on the Users menu on the left-hand side of Crimson.
- Go to the user list that appears and open an existing user.
- On the right hand side under Access Info, check the Project Admin box.
- Click in the bottom right when done.
Adding a New User
1. To add a new User to your database, click on the User menu item on the left side of Crimson.
2. This will take you to the User Search page. On that page, click the icon.
3. In the window that appears, complete the User Name, First Name, Last Name, and Email
4. Select the User Group to assign the new User.
5. Be sure the Send Welcome Email, Approved, and Email Notification checkboxes are checked.
- For language on available User Groups, please see the PDF at the bottom of the guide.
- The User Name must be unique, and Crimson will not let save the new User if the User Name has already been taken by another Crimson User.
6. Check the Project Admin box if to give this user Project Admin access rights. NOTE: You must be a project admin to give project admin access rights to another user.
7. Click in the bottom right when done.
Editing a User
A Project Admin can edit the name, email, User Group, and Access Setting information of an existing User. They cannot update the User Name.
- Navigate to the User List and use the search bar to find the existing user. You can use the User Name, First Name, Last Name, or Email to search.
- Use the icon to open an existing User account.
- From there, use the fields to edit information.
- To remove access, uncheck the Approved checkbox.
- Click in the bottom right.