Loading Donations Received from WinRed
Step 1 – Enter the Conduit’s Contribution
- Create a people record for WinRed PAC if one does not already exist.
- After this record is created, click Add Gift.
- Create a gift with the Payment type of WR-Win Red. The amount should be the Gross Amount of the Transfer from WinRed PAC.
- By selecting this payment type, this payment will automatically be marked as a memo with FEC Memo Text of “See Attributions below” and you will now see the "Earmark Attribution Import" tab on the gift record.
Step 2 – Enter the Earmarked Contributions
- Under the conduit’s money record, click the Earmark Attribution Import
- Follow the normal importing steps 1 – 4
- Step 1: Upload File
- Step 2: Import Type
- Step 3: Mapping
- Step 4: Validate and Import
NOTE: Gifts loaded this way will link to the conduit record and automatically have the proper FEC memo text. They will also report at a 1:1 ratio, showing one WinRed memo for every Earmarked gift.
Step 3 – Enter the Processing Fees
- Click the New Expenditure action button on the Treasury Dashboard.
- Search for an existing Payee or click to add a new one to Crimson. The payee should be:
WinRed Technical Services LLC
1776 Wilson Blvd, Suite 530
Arlington, VA 22209
- Once you have selected or created a new payee, the New Disbursement window will open.
- Enter the new expenditure’s information.
- Click Save when done